Filmoplast™ Sticky Paper Backing
Filmoplast™ is a self-adhesive, non-woven embroidery backing that allows you to save time and money in your commercial embroidery operations. Application is simple, and Filmoplast™ is a perfect embroidery stabilizer for projects involving lightweight materials and delicate fabrics. Gunold's exclusive Filmoplast™ embroidery backing provides many benefits with its versatility and ease of use.
- Many uses: Filmoplast™ works great with items that are too small or too bulky to be hooped. You can also use Filmoplast™ in hoops, continuous border frames, or for embroidering hats on standard machines.
- Simple to Use: Just peel off the protective paper of Filmoplast™ Stic and attach the garment or embroidery blank to the adhesive side of the non-woven backing.
- No Additional Supplies Needed: Lay your material to be embroidered out on a span of Filmoplast® Stic and embroider without the use of costly embroidery clamping devices, spray on adhesives, or cumbersome supplies.
- Go Hoop-less on Small Items: Your embroidery machine operators will love this for small items such as button parts, pockets ready cut, vignettes, cotton bonds, caps, etc. - they can go hoop-less!
- Use with a Variety of Fabrics: With this embroidery method, you eliminate all marks on thin material such as cashmere, needle point, etc., and stretchable fabric can be smoothly placed on the machine with Filmoplast™. Embroiders will not encounter shrinkage of the embroidery sewout after stitching. This is an important factor for jersey ware, T-shirts, fleece material, sweats, and so much more.
- Save Time: When you go hoop-less with your embroidery designs you not only save time and effort by avoiding the hooping process altogether, but there is no need for spray adhesive.
- Save Money - Reuse: After finishing the job, remove the Filmoplast™ from the embroidered garment, and save money by using the same sheet of Filmoplast® Stic again by closing the window with a scrap piece of Filmoplast™. This is another example of Gunold's green embroidery products.
- Safe for Your Machine and Needles : The adhesive will not stick to the embroidery machine or embroidery needle, and it will not harm your embroidery machine electronics.
- Environmentally Friendly: Filmoplast™ embroidery backing is an environmentally green product in several ways. The adhesive material is solvent free and environmentally friendly, and as previously stated, Filmoplast can be re-used by the green-minded embroiderer.